[oletrucks] Re: Introduction

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Introduction
From: "Woody" <woodrow@w-link.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 15:10:44 -0700
David,
I built a 51 3100 with a 350 and the stock straight axle.  I rebuilt the
entire suspension, including new bushings in the spring eyes, and converted
all of the ball studs on the steering to modern one piece units.  I added
power steering and steering column (shortened 6") from a 73-78 Chev pickup.
Disc brakes on the front, and  a power brake booster made it stop very well.
The rear end from a 67 to 73 mustang is a bolt in.  You have to reverse the
rear springs and the rear end fits on the springs and is placed correctly in
the wheel wells. This combination with BFG radial T/A's drove and handled
very well.
Woody