Re: [oletrucks] oil capacity

To: "Brad Newman" <bkn6@airmail.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] oil capacity
From: "john r dorsey" <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 21:33:51 -0500
Yes, you need to add more oil.

The best way is to fill the filter cannister with the filter in it before
you put the lid on. It will take several topping offs as the oil soaks into
the filter.

What I do is to fill the can, then put a quart in the engine, top off the
can, put anouther quart in the engine, top off the can, etc, etc. when the
can stays full put the lid on and you're good to go.

John
'49 Chevy 3800 Panel
'52 GMC 640 Firetruck