Re: [oletrucks] Oil capacity for 235

To: <Advdesign1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil capacity for 235
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:32:02 -0400
I sure agree with Bob about finding the right dipstick for a 235.  When I
bought my truck it had the wrong dipstick, but I didn't know it at the time.
When my oil pressure started going crazy, I thought I was looking at major
repair bills.  Turns out the dipstick read "full" when the engine was 3
quarts low!  I drained the oil, put in 6 quarts of new oil, filed a new
"full" mark on the dipstick, and haven't had a problem since.  BTW, that was
two years ago...and I think Bob Adler and Jim Forbes were the ones who let
me know that the 235 with external filter needed 6 quarts of oil.
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100