[oletrucks] future project

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] future project
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 09:49:19 -0500
As the completion of a 2 year, frame off restoration of my stock 49
comes into view, I'm already looking for my next project, and would like
ya'lls opinion.
My son is 13, and is already trying to convince me that we need to find
him a truck and start working on it for his first vehicle. He, of
course, would like more of a rod than a stocker, which is fine by me,
and somewhere along the line he got it in his head that he would like a
convertible AD! I have seen a couple of these in different magazines,
and must admit they looked pretty sharp. I have found a 54 3 window cab
that is in pretty good shape everywhere except for the roof, so its a
good candidate if I decide to do this.
Has anyone ever attempted this? Am I getting in over my head? There is a
company here in Dallas that will make both hard tops (glass) and soft
tops for any vehicle, so that part is easy. It seems pretty straight
forward, but I'm the guy that originally thought that my frame off on
the 49 would take about 6 months. What do ya'll think?
Thanks
Brad