[oletrucks] Side Mount Spare Tire

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Side Mount Spare Tire
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:13:24 -0400 (EDT)
Well the results of my Right or Left query are in:

It seems that starting with the '53 model the spare was definitely on
the left with an indented fender except for one report on a Canadian
version, and also on a 3800.
Prior to that it looks like at least with the 3/4 ton 3600 model factory
version it was on the right.  The 3/4 ton has enough space between the
cab and rear fender to mount it on either side without an indented
fender.
It doesn't look like the 1/2 ton 3100 had a factory installed side
mounted spare in 1949-52.
The problem is that the aftermarket side mount bracket fits right or
left.   So I guess it is just a matter of personal preference.

-
Tom Poterack
'49 Chevy 3600