[oletrucks] Off subject - pilgram in an unholy land or working on a '65

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@onelist.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Off subject - pilgram in an unholy land or working on a '65 mustang.
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:36:43 EDT
Hi all,
I just volunteered to be the wrench turner on my grandmother in laws 1965
mustang with a 289 and auto trannie.  You will not believe me, but the car
has only 8,000 miles on it.  It has been setting  on blocks covered since
1984.  It has verry minor body rust and the paint is dead.   This is what I
have done so far:
I toped off the cylinders with marvels mystery oil, let it set and rotated
the engine by hand untill it was free,then dropped in a battery and hit the
starter about 10 seconds with the plugs still out, every thing worked all
right and the oil light went off.
The carb would not pump into the throttle, but I poured some down the
throttle, put in new plugs wires and ignition points and the 289 roared to
life for a few seconds!! the carb will not work, so I purchased a "few" new
parts, they are:
-a new 2bbl carb,
-new fuel pump, I didn't want to take a chance.
-new alternator, ".
-new master cyl, ".
-new wheel cyl's. ".
-new brake shoes for the front and rear.
-new brake hoses, I want this thing to go and stop.
and finally a new gas tank.
Is there any thing that I have missed? (besides getting rid of the F#$D logo
on the hood...)
I have installed the carb, alt, and fuel pump and will do the fuel tank and
brakes this weekend.
Wish me luck, any and all info would be appreciated.
I also need the chrome moulding that goes under the drivers door and 4 1965
hubcaps that are in verry good condition.
My grandmother wants to make a show car out of this and has allocated the
money to do so.  thanks all,
Casey
'47 thriftmaster (feeling neglected)
Forgive me for I have sinned........