[oletrucks] 58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) bed screws

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) bed screws
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 00:12:30 -0400
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a source for the correct screws used to fasten the
tailgate recoil covers to the fender inner.  I think these were clutch head
screws (quantity 12) size 1/4-20 x 5/8 long.  I think 2 of these should be
about 1/2 inch longer for the fender braces to attach to.  The screws that
were in mine were Phillips head.  They were a shallow oversized head.  Not
sure these were original or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help available,
Jim V. - '58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Automatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles