[oletrucks] [Fwd: Help]

To: oletrucks oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] [Fwd: Help]
From: Ben Bennett <greyhawk2@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:45:40 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Help
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:25:29 EDT
From: Mikerross@aol.com
To: greyhawk2@earthlink.net

My son and I have been re-building his '56 Chevy pick-up for
almost three
years.  During the re-build process we replaced the engine and
transmission
with a Chevy 305ci and turbo  transmission.  We now realize that
the gear
ratio of the rear-end is much to low to allow normal road speeds.
I have
found gears and gear kit that will fit into the existing rear-end
but they
are much too expensive for our budget.

We are thinking that maybe we should change-out the rear-end
completely with
another rear end.  Do you know what would swap-out fairly easily
with our
truck, what would align fairly well with the existing leaf spring
saddles and
provide a pretty good gear ratio?

Is there anthing out there that would swap that has a six bolt
wheel lug
pattern or do we have to change out to a five bolt/lug wheel
pattern?

If must go with the five bolt wheel pattern how difficult is it to
change out
the front spindles and where might we find a five bolt front
spindle that
would fit.

I know we have asked a lot.  We really appreciate any help you can
provide.

Thanks a lot!

Mike & Jason