[oletrucks] And now it's time for a few dumb questions!

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] And now it's time for a few dumb questions!
From: "John Rockefeller" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 1995 22:09:22 -0500
About two weeks ago somebody backed into my '49 3100.  They were kind
enough to dent and bend my stainless rear bumper, but not kind enough to
leave a message about it.  I only noticed it the other day when walking out
of the bank, the sunlight hit the dent just right!  Well Saturday I took
the bumper off, beat it with an old wooden baseball bat, and stood on it to
straighten it out.  Wow!  It actually worked!  The bumper is straight again
and the dent is almost invisible.  Well so much for my success story, now
for the questions.  When I took the bumper off I realized that there are 5
holes in the bumper.  The two on either end attach the bumper to the truck
and the bumper gaurds to the bumper, but what is the 5th one in the middle
for?  The bumper is too thin for this to be for a trailor hitch.  And the
other question is, is there a way to attach a trailor hitch to these old
trucks?  I use mine for picking up boxes of T-shirts for my business and
the ability to haul my enclosed trailor would make things even better.  Now
for the third and last question.  Has anyone ever seen and ole Chevy with
an enclosed bed?  I'm thinking of putting a "Cottage" looking structure on
my truck.  It would be mostly for shows, kind of a cute "Mother Goose" type
cedar shingled thing.  I was wondering if anyone else had ever done this
and if so could I get some plans for the project?  Thank guys for all the
help in the past and in the future.  Good Trucking to all of you!

John"Rock" Rockefeller
"Eeyore" 1949 3100