Re: [oletrucks] Synthetic for break-in

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Synthetic for break-in
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 06:56:52 EDT
Supposedly new engines are pre-broken in these days; I'm pretty sure that's
true on the Corvettes (and that they get synthetic from new) and my wife's
JEEP just got a new engine at Chrysler's cost, and they said no break-in as
well but I'm waiting til the first oil change to swap to syn anyway.  For any
do it yourself or shop done rebuild, you probably shouldn't use synthetic
initially.

Many people don't think you should use it anyway. . .you could start an
argument here.  As long as you change your oil regularly, you should be ok.
At any rate, I started out with Valvoline synthetic, went to Castrol Syntec,
and am getting ready to shift to Red Line Racing Oil (sell racing and street
products) so I definitely prefer it.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
Knoxville,  TN