[oletrucks] insurance

To: Oletrucks Digest <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] insurance
From: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 21:42:59 -0700
That doesn't sound right to me, Robert.  Mine doesn't have seat belts,
and my insurance is about $150 for 6 months, with pretty high coverages
for liability.  That's less than my car.  It assumes less than 5000
miles per year, which is true:  I drive about a hundred miles a day, and
I'd go broke feeding Ole Rattler at that rate.  The part that really
sounds funny is that seat belts would only affect your premium for
personal injury protection, which isn't a big part of the premium.
Liability is the most of the premium, and I've never heard that unbelted
drivers were more likely to crash into somebody else.  Keep looking, I'd
say.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention, I have Farmers Ins. Co. of OR.

Ed Miller
'58 Apache Short Fleetside
Falls City, OR
(Netscape let me make a sig file, but sticks it on every outgoing mail I
have.  Don't want that....)

Robert asks:  Any suggestions on insurance?  I will probably put more
then 1000 miles a
year on the truck so my local guy says it can't be a "antique" and would
be
regular insurance.  He then went on to say that older cars without seat
belts were so expensive to insure until they have been updated that it
might
be worth buying a second (newer) truck so that I would not put 1000
miles on
the ole truck.