[oletrucks] dustin's engine options

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] dustin's engine options
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 07:05:30 -0700
Carb'd 400 vs tpi 350...if you didn't say you wanted it to be only 20%
practical, it would be an easy choice.

The 400 would probably be more fun, but the tpi 350 is a real nice
engine for driving--starts right up, gobs of off-idle torque, etc.  The
tpi setup will be more hassle to install, with a special fuel system,
lots of wiring, strange plumbing, brackets, air cleaner, etc.

If it were me, I'd build a 350 with a blower (assuming you can't afford
the expense of a big block).  This will have lots more power than the
hotrodded 400, and be just as reliable (if not more?), and the only real
problem will be keeping it cool....and keeping the tranny working.

Sorry, I can't make the decision for you!  If you think you can get the
tpi working (if you are a very competent mechanic) then that would be
the way to go...but there are a lot of land mines when working with fuel
injection.

Jim F
59s
AZ