[oletrucks] Advice on restoration

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Advice on restoration
From: "Steven R. Goss" <Steve@AZscholarships.org>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 20:00:27 -0700
Hi All,

I am hoping to restore my 55 series 2 deluxe cab to pretty much original
condition so that one day that I can pass it to my sons like my
grandfather passed it to my dad and then he to me.

The body is in fare condition with some rust that I minimized 30 years
ago with with either patch plates or some bondo. The Body obviously is a
little rippled. The frame has surface rust but nothing that has
sacrificed structual integrity.

I went down to a respectable restoration house that qouted me between 20
- 26 K for a full frame up restoration.

Is their another route that I should look at so that I can pass this
wonderful good running truck onto my kids. It is unfortnate that I have
no time to do a restoration. Time barely allows me to fix some of the
little things..

Steve

--
Steven R. Goss