Re: [oletrucks] 3 speed problems

To: my51truck@eudoramail.com, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3 speed problems
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 21:13:28 EDT
> the tranny kept popping out of 3rd gear. (it has a 250/3 speed column setup
> hooked to the original trans

Either of 2 things:  Shifter fork on
inside of side cover is worn out, or your input shaft splines to syncro drum
are worn.  That one would mean finding a better syncro drum and input shaft.
I wrote an article about this a few  weeks ago and sent it to Vintage
Chevrolet Club of Am.  I asume you already adjusted the linkage for complete
engagement of high gear.
You can inspect the fork by removing side cover without removing trans from
truck.
Bob ADler