[oletrucks] Brake Hoses and Intake Noise

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Brake Hoses and Intake Noise
From: "Wade Benton" <WBenton@maclay.org>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 13:57:20 -0400
The rear hard brake line on my 49 3100 doesn't look original because it
is not bent well and there is only one hose in the back that runs from
the frame the the right side of the axle into the hard line.  Then the
hard line runs to the right to backing plate a short distance and to the
left all the way across the axle.  I thought that usually the hoses ran
directly down to the backing plate from the hard lines.  If anyone knows
about this I would really appreciate the help because I my dad went
ahead and bought 4 brake hoses.

Also one day while driving I heard a pop and from then on there has
been this wistling noise coming from the engine.  I found it came from a
little valve on the intake manifold below the carberator a few inches
that is square and has a threaded hole in it that sucks air in.  The
noise is really loud and anoying and it quits when I put my finger over
it. What this is I don't know but I figured yall might.  I think it
might the vacum for the wipers I don't have.

Thank,
Wade Benton
1949 3100