[oletrucks] 24 chevy 1 ton (off topic)

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 24 chevy 1 ton (off topic)
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 20:30:54 -0500
OK folks, I am within a day or two of finishing my 49, and am already
looking ahead at my next project (actually, the wife is telling me to
get working on it or get it out of the garage!).
Back about 2 years ago I was out in east Texas tracking down a parts
truck for my 49, and as luck would have it, I instead found and ended up
bringing home a 1924 Chevy 1 ton truck. It seems that the truck was
originally used as a logging truck, and sometime during WW2 the drive
shaft snapped, the owner couldn't find parts, and he put it in a shed
until after the war. He ended up getting drafted, was killed in the war,
and his family left his truck in the barn for over 50 years. Other than
a snapped drive shaft, everything else seems mechanically sound.
Anyway, I've been looking since I found it for parts suppliers, leads,
etc.,but have had little to no luck. I'm not even sure what parts I will
need, but as far as I can tell old Chevy stuff is VERY hard to find.
Would any of you happen to know of any parts suppliers, junk yards or
collectors that may have or have access to parts and or literature for a
76 year old truck?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Brad Newman
49 3100 Deluxe