Re: [oletrucks] 1954 3100 Rearend

To: "Scott and Angela Hibberts" <hibberts@chatt.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1954 3100 Rearend
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 10:19:42 -0700
Scott, I just want to make sure you realize that you're going to need more
than the rear end to bring your 54 back to original.  Remember that they
still had closed drive shafts in 54.  You'll need the rear end and torque
tube, plus a transmission that mates to the torque ball.

Since a lot of guys are going the other way, you can probably find what you
need real cheap in the local classifieds, if you're patient.  I saw a guy
here in Los Angeles giving away this stuff for a 52 las week.

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)
54 3100 (mostly not there)