[oletrucks] Exhaust manifolds

To: "Oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Exhaust manifolds
From: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 07:25:05 -0700
This is slightly off topic, I guess.

I'm putting a '79 Olds 403 in my '55 1st series.  This engine was a smog
motor and originally came out of a '79 Trans AM.  It was equipped with a
single exhuast (Crossover pipe from drivers side to passenger side then
dumped to single exhaust)  I'd like to get rid of the right exhaust header
and replace it with one that was designed for dual exhaust.

Question:  Do any of you know if there is a right hand header, from any of
that era B.O.P. cars, that's designed for dual exhaust, that will fit my
engine?  I'm looking for something I can find at the salvage yard.

Thanks in advance

            Mark Self
         Redlands, CA
   '55 1st 5-window 3100