[oletrucks] Makin' it 4X4

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Makin' it 4X4
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 00:18:03 EDT
Hey everyone,

My dream come true would be my '48 Jimmy sitting on a complete, original,
correct  3/4 ton NAPCO chassis, but the whole NAPCO route's starting to look
not so feasible as the reality of how scarce pre-54 NAPCO stuff is sets in. I
know a lot of you have swapped later model 4X front ends (and complete
running gear) under your trucks. I'd like to know what you used and hear any
suggestions you might have.

Also, if I'm to go with a later model setup, I'd like disc brakes, the same 8
lug 3/4 ton pattern and 4.56 gears.

One more question: Would the 55-2 and later NAPCO front end fit under my '48
or are the later years a different width?

Thanks a million,

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons
48 GMC 3/4 ton