[oletrucks] 409 engine question

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 409 engine question
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:51:06 -0400
I would like to hear the Pro's and Con's about the Chevy 409 engine.  I have
an opportunity to buy one that has been rebuilt but never run.  I don't know
anything about then.  I currently have a 327 (1965) in my truck and thought
it would be neat to have the 409 (more power!).  What problems will I
encounter and what questions should I ask?  Will everything from the bell
housing back still work?  Will the engine fit in the stock location based on
where the bell housing is now or will the engine hit the firewall and need
to be moved forward?  Are they good engines?

TIA

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland