[oletrucks] Search for small springs and BillyBob Progress

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Search for small springs and BillyBob Progress
From: "Larry R. Kephart" <vpa@laroke.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 14:43:34 -0400
I'm working on my 1955 1st Series 3100 three-speed column shift linkage. I'm
looking for a source of the small 7/16" o.d. x 7/16" long compression
springs that go on the ends of the four shift rods where they attach to the
transmission shift levers and the intermediate "bellcrank" levers at the
front of the bellhousing. You'd think these would be available at any
hardware store, but so far they're eluding me. Anybody know where I can get
these?

Also, those of you who follow my progess working on BillyBob, I've just
posted the latest mini-project article to my Website. This deals with
re-painting the wheels and brake drums. It can be found at the following
address:

http://www.laroke.com/larryk4674/2000/wip2.htm

Larry Kephart
1955 1st 3100 Chevy (BillyBob)