[oletrucks] Torque Specs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Torque Specs
From: rnwagner@juno.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:31:13 -0500
Hello list. I have been in the shadows for some time here.
Watching....Learning....Laughing.....you get the picture. I now have a
question I would like to ask. I am currently involved in the build up of
a 53 GMC Suburban. All is going prety well so far. I recently got the
engine back from the machine shop and I am at a point in which I am ready
to start reassembly.  It is a 228 c.i. inline six. What I need to know is
this. Can anyone help me out with some torque specs on this engine. I
have a Chevy manual, but it does refer to specs for a 216 c.i. . Can I
use these specs? Are they close enough or the same? I don't want to mess
this thing up. It has cost too much to go that route. I would greatly
appreciate you help on this. You can ping me off list at "
rnwagner@juno.com  " if that is your preference. Thanks in advavce once
again. Keep up the the work to all and "Keep on truckin' ".     Sincerely
Rick Wagner