Re: [[oletrucks] 4-speed Pops Out of 2nd...]

Subject: Re: [[oletrucks] 4-speed Pops Out of 2nd...]
From: BRUCE ROEDEL <broedel@usa.net>
Date: 13 Jun 00 08:23:10 PDT
I'm not sure what transmission you may have but i had a similar problem with
my 3-spd...kept popping out of 2nd gear but went back in easily. It turns out
that the 2nd/3rd gear clutch/synchronizing assembly was spent. As i recall i
was able to get sound advice and a replacement assembly for $125 (1994). That
took care of the problem. According to my '58 manual the 2nd speed
synchronizer cone on the 4-spd is located in the first and reverse gear. I
would check with a local transmission shop where they understand older manual
gear boxes.

Bruce Roedel
'58 Fleetside