Re: [oletrucks] Brakes--epilogue

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brakes--epilogue
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:10:45 -0700
I figured out why the brake drum was not going over the shoes.  I had
replaced everything, except the little hold down pins and cups.  Well, they
looked so insignificant, after all, and they didn't look that worn,
and....ok, I'm a little cheap.

When I finally couldn't think of anything else to do, I went to the brake
parts store and dropped $4.75 on new pins and cups.  Put them in, and what
do you know?  The drum slipped right on.  So there it is.  Doesn't pay to be
cheap.

Thanks again to everyone who helped.

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)