[oletrucks] RE: [chevytruckfixers] 41 Chevy PU

To: <chevytruckfixers@egroups.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: [chevytruckfixers] 41 Chevy PU
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:33:23 -0400
Thom,
I have a 46 that is running.  I have completely reworked the brakes.  Still
looking for emergency break parts at a reasonable price.  Replaced the tie
rod ends, drag link and king pins, new tires.  The head gasket is being
replaced next week and then I will have completed the running safe stuff.

I need to do a lot of body work and this summer I am pulling the bed and
redoing the wood floor.  Next I will move to the cab (2001) and then the
complete body work over (2002).

Prior to getting ANY parts get the shop manual.  A reprint runs $20.00.  For
this series of truck it covers 42-48 cars and 42-46 trucks - as far as I
know there are no other manual just for the 41-46 truck.

As for parts:
There are 2 catalogs that you can pick up and look at and understand what
they are trying to sell you - get both of these:
Chevs of the 40s 800-999-2438 - they are great and ship FAST
Jim Carters 800-862-1913 (some months they have a used parts department that
is open - often it is not open)  they ship the ordered parts to me most of
the time - but it one week to get anything from these fokes

Lower prices (some times) but week catalog - you have to know what you want
American Classic 940 365-9786
Classic Chevy 800 354-4040
Obsolete Chevy parts 800 248-8985

tools
Eastwood 800-345-1178

Also a good read is: How to Restore your Chevrolet Pickup by Tom Brownell

These are the guys I have used and for the most part there is only one or
two sources that they can get parts from so what they sell is almost all the
same.

Good Luck
Jim House
Hollis, NH