Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 or 1/2 ton?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 or 1/2 ton?
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 20:55:02 EDT
> I have a 1950 GMC and with it
>  having a long bed, does that make it a 3/4 ton?

Just to recap, GMC did have a long half ton in AD years while Chevy did not.
IF it has 6 lug wheels it is half ton.  Exception is before WWII 3/4 and one
tons had 6 lug wheels.  8 lug was invented for 1946 on 3/4 and one tons.  It
may have come out during the war, but I don't have details.  The long half
used the 3/4 ton box.
Bob ADler
PS I bought a 50 suburban today.  Very rusty, good only for parts.  And
mighty few of them useable.  I should have over 100 AD trucks now.