Re: [oletrucks] pulley size, water pump speed...

To: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] pulley size, water pump speed...
From: Steve <m_toolman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 18:30:49 -0700 (PDT)
Bruce

Higher flow will dump more btu's but only to a point.
Am not sure why (avoided the thermal dynamics class).
I can only talk from experiance.

Have seen a couple of vehicles where someone pulled
the thermostat and then it overheats on the highway.
Faster you go the faster it heats up.  Put in a new
thermostat and they where just fine. Run down the
highway all day long no problem.  My cousin a Chevy
mechanic said the thermostat acts as a restriction and
slows the coolant down. Laughed 1st time I asked him
about it.  Said he has seen it more than once.

Steve
Howell, MI

Household fleet manager
97 Villager wife's