Re: [oletrucks] TF hood problems

To: Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF hood problems
From: JWSuther1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 21:40:30 EDT
Hello Bill - On 55 2nd thru 59's  you have to shim the hinge at the firewall
at the bottom bolt hole only.  I'd start out with three shims on each side.
Run the stops on each side down as far as they will go before you do this
adjustment. After you have the back edge of the hood aligned properly raise
the stops (they have the round rubber pad on top) back up till they just make
contact with the under hood surface.
Its really an easy adjustment to make and I bet I couldn't count how many
nice Chevy trucks are running around with the back of the hood raised up a
quarter of inch or more because they didn't shim the bottom hinge out far
enough (or at all).

Hope this helps!

Regards - John Sutherland - Greensboro, NC
59 Fleets