[oletrucks] Suburban plans. . .slight change

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Suburban plans. . .slight change
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:54:53 EDT
For the first time in months, I had a chance to head  down to my brother's
for a Saturday session with the Suburban.

Took his wife's 1950 AD out running the typical Saturday errands; it sure
gets all the attention wherever it goes so it's always a blast to drive.

Brian announced that he intends to restart his restoration business that he
and my youngest brother ran in late 70's thru about 1990.  My Suburban and my
uncle's 70 Datsun 240Z (one of the first in this country and he's had it
since new) are the first in the queue. . .so things should actually start
moving more quickly now.  While he builds clientelle, I'll also get him to
paint the vette and maybe we'll rework my Silverado pickup. . .always wanted
to do a vette TPI setup for it.

Not sure if we'll still split the body/frame and get him to take the body
while I bring the frame/drivetrain home as we had planned to get things
moving faster. . .may be faster for him to do most of it. . .but I still want
my hands on enough of it so I can say it's got my work in it.  I figure the
hardest part will be to get him to build this as a "driving" resto instead of
a 100 point show truck to keep the $$'s reasonable.

Hopefully you'll be seeing some progress pictures soon!

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN