Re: [oletrucks] Trucks in Mexico

To: Old Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "'W&D'" <haist@jps.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trucks in Mexico
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 06:48:06 -0600
You can go to Cuba and look, you just can't spend any US dollars. Or so say's
the Gov't. I would go down with a fight if they caught me. How can the Gov't
control what you do in another country? You can have it shipped to Mexico and
drive it home across the border after you tag it in Mexico, but you need to know
someone for that to get the "permission to export a vehicle" papers.  Do the
paper work in the interior of Mexico NOT the border towns.  There are no such
things as titles in Mexico, only the registration papers as proof of ownership.
I know of a border crossong made by the peasants on the Mexican side with rope
across the river and you could pay these guys to help you carry the parts
across.
Anyhoo, those trucks are so hodge podged together with whatever parts they can
scrounge up and made to work.  Guess who's fault that is?