Re: [oletrucks] Selling out :(

To: meredit794@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Selling out :(
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:19:54 -0500
Hi Meredith,

I may be crazy for saying this, but I have a 1951 Chevy 3100 5 window
Deluxe cab that I was planning to sell this summer after I repainted it
for about $5000.  I have about $3500 in it and would let it go to a
fellow oletruck member for my cost.  It is all original, and is a daily
driver.  I painted it about 3 years ago, but there is some rust now
beginning to return to the hood and top of the cab.  My mistake was that
I sanded over those areas after I treated the metal, which can easily be
fixed by starting the process over.  Fortunately, I didn't use the same
technique on the fenders. The truck is painted with a dark green slightly
metallic urethane paint that is very close to the original color, that is
still on the firewall.

Even still, the truck turns heads, and I am constantly getting stopped in
conversation, just about where ever I go.

My problem is time.  I am now having to work about 60 hours a week, (on
the slow weeks), and this baby needs a good home.  She probably needs to
be rodded, and no doubt could be further restored and brought up to show
quality, if in the right hands.

The tires are just a couple of years old, and are original replacement
tube tires from Firestone.  It is still 6 volt.  I had the starter
rebuilt, installed a complete new wiring harness, installed new original
tail lights, had the front bumper re-chromed, replaced all broken glass
with new, installed a new wood bed, replacing all the cross sills, the
seats have been reupholstered, and I have installed a new fuel pump.  It
also has new glass and benzels in the instrument panel, and an electric
windshield wiper unit I installed,  but it still needs a new gas gage,
temperature gage, and probably a new gas tank, or have the old one
treated.  It also has an under the bed, spare tire mount, which is
considered rare, unless I'm mistaken about that, and am thinking about
something else.

The 216 cu in engine runs like a top, and I have taken the truck on 5
long trips since I owned it.  The low geared differential is original,
like everything else on the truck.
She's got one 1/2 fist sized dent in the top of the cab, on the passenger
side, where an F-5 tornado that hit our neighborhood slammed a 2X4 into
it, but I was planning to repair that with bondo just before I repainted
it again.  It is very repairable.

Meridith, I don't know if you or any of the other oletruck members are
interested in this truck, but because I've received so much help from all
my fellow members, I thought I would give you or one of the other members
first shot.

Ping me off the list if you are interested.

Sincerely, but maybe a little crazy for even thinking about selling my
baby,

Larry Finley
1951 Chevy AD 3100, 5 window
Okla City, Ok
Office Phone: (I'm always there) 405-691-7988