[oletrucks] Gantry Lift

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gantry Lift
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 20:01:48 -0400
I am getting ready to build a gantry lift with a capacity of about 1200
pounds and was wondering what size I beam I need to use.  The span will be
no more than 10 feet.  I was also going to use I beams for the cross pieces
and round pipe for the legs.  I was figuring on the cross pieces being
about 4 feet long the beam bolted to it.  The legs will go into larger
round sockets and be bolted together.  The overall height will be 10
feet.  Of course this could be variable with different length legs.

Thanks for input on I beam size and any other comments.

Jim V.
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles