Re: [oletrucks] Is this as good as it gets?

To: "Mike Auser (MicroSolutions)" <mauser@microsolution.sk.ca>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Is this as good as it gets?
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 22:48:44 -0500
>Is this typical for the truck's suspension?<

Mike-

When I was a kid, the ADs were the newest trucks out (I was born in '49).  I
remember riding out through the pastures, crossing creeks, checking on
livestock, and the biggest thrill of all was the bouncy ride.  That was
FUN!!!

However, I would imagine that the ride should be somewhat smoother on
pavement.  I drive a '50 3/4 ton on a long wheelbase, and except for pot
holes and speed bumps, the ride is relatively smooth.  Of course, we aren't
driving Cadillacs, so it's always going to feel like a truck, as long as
it's on a truck frame, with truck suspension.  Have you checked your shocks
and springs?

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'58 Apache (hers)