Re: [oletrucks] spare tire bracket

To: Ronald Tofani <rontof@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] spare tire bracket
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 19:12:45 -0500
Ron
Just yesterday I bought a carrier (53 type) for my 49. I have been
looking for one for the last 5 months, and although I saw a bunch of the
54 and later variety, in that time I  found only 2 of the 53's (I paid
$55.00 for mine, the other 2 that I saw were in the $75 and up range).
If you didn't know, the 53 is different from the others ...............
the carriers were first offered as an option in 53 and these were
designed with an angled top to match the angle on the top of the bed
sides. In 54 through the late 60's the bedsides were angled 90 degrees
on top, and the spare tire carriers were made to match. Also, and
somebody may need to correct me on this, in 54 the beds went from about
14" deep to around 18" (or deeper), so the carriers from the later years
may be larger.
Hope this helps
Brad Newman
49 3100