[oletrucks] Chevrolet Restoration Packet, I.D. help!!!

To: Trucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Chevrolet Restoration Packet, I.D. help!!!
From: "Edward T. Dingo" <cen36932@centuryinter.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 00:34:18 -0400
This free packet from Chevrolet Motors is the ultimate reference for
your old truck.
Have your VIN number handy when contacting them for this free pack.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center
Chevrolet Motor Division
General Motors Corporation
P O Box 7047
Troy, Michigan  48007-7047

Phone: 1-800-222-1020

Ok, group, I did the toll-free call, they are sending me a FREE packet.
But!!! When I gave the guy my VIN #, he said the first digit (according
to his papers at hand) stated my truck was an Oldsmobile! Imagine, an
Olds Stepside! He said he would look further after he got off the phone
from me, but the first digit should have been a 1, not a 3. Can anyone
out there shed some light on this? My VIN # is 3A57K135164. Thanks for
the help in clearing this up, and helping with my truck's pedigree.

Ed in Mich.
'57 3100