[oletrucks] Scott Sensing's 10,000 mile drive for cancer

To: Ole truck listserve <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Scott Sensing's 10,000 mile drive for cancer
From: "Alan D. Gingles" <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:34:24 -0600
    I don't know if anyone remembers the post from earlier this spring
about Scott driving his restored '52 Chevy from Tennessee to Alaska. He
has a big website dedicated to the trip...www.TRUCK.BIGSTEP.com.
    Anyway, I happened to run into him on the highway today just north
of Calgary, Alberta! He's made it to his destination, and is now on his
way home. He's had a pretty good trip so far with only minor problems.
He said I was only the second person from the 'net to stop him and say
hi. It must have freaked him out a bit as he was tootling along at 50
mph on a major highway and I came up on him at approx. 80 mph (the going
speed along this road). I recognized the truck as I went past, so I
slowed down and flagged him over. Very pleasant fellow, and doing the
trip for a very good cause. I just wish I'd had my camera with me for
some pictures.
    Just thought I'd share this with the group, and I hope the rest of
his trip goes well.

--
Alan & Karen Gingles
Calgary, Alberta