[oletrucks] 350 starter problem

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 350 starter problem
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:36:14 -0500
First of all, thanks to all who gave me the great info on the S-10
transmission.

Now I have a question regarding the starter on the '58.  It has a 350
engine, and when the engine reaches operating temperature, the starter just
grinds, and won't engage.  I changed the starter, and it does the same
thing.  Also tried it with and without the shims, and it continues to grind
when the engine is hot.  Anyone have any ideas?  There is one broken tooth
on the flywheel that I am aware of.

Thanks-

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine)