Re: [oletrucks] panel sheet metal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] panel sheet metal
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 08:10:30 EDT
Check with Terry Glines, who is on this list and has a page at:

http://milezone.com/terry/

he did quite a bit of custom rebuilding on his 56 panel and it looks very
good.  Surprised he hasn't chimed in.

For my TF Chevy Suburban, I chose to buy NOS rear quarter panels from a guy
in Wisconsin; I've been trying to find his website again since this thread
started but no luck so far.  He does however advertise in Hemmings.  He might
have something for you.  He only deals in NOS parts as far as I know and not
reproduction panels so when his stock is gone, it's gone.  Warning though; he
wasn't cheap, but my brother, who is doing all my Sub's body work, agreed
with me that the work would go much faster and probably be a better quality
when it was does.

There are also specialty shops that do nothing but reproduction work; there's
one in middle TN that Brian knows about. . .can't imagine that they would be
cheap either though, and that may be the route I go when we do my GMC Sub
down the road.

If you're willing to go fiberglass, there's a shop in Oneida, TN, that among
other things builds AD panel bodels for monster trucks so I know they have
the molds for that body style.

Mark Noakes
Knoxville, TN
58/56 Chevy Suburban