[oletrucks] Vacuum wiper controls

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Vacuum wiper controls
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 18:01:46 -0400
I have a 46 Chevy 1/2 ton and I am now looking at my wiper - only have one,
on the drive side.  How should this work?

There are two knobs - the only shiny item on the truck everything is rust or
painted - no chrome.  Well the knob on the left seems only to push in or
pull out.  The knob on the right seem to spin.  I have move them around a
lot with out moving the wiper blade.  What do each of these do had how can I
test this unit out?

I see the pipe from the wiper connects to a rubber hose.  This hose connects
to a medal pipe and then runs down the left front side until under the dash.
There the 2nd rubber hose connects to a metal pipe that goes through the
firewall.  This then connects to the 3ed rubber hose that is connected to a
outlet pipe under the carb.  I ran a wire throughout all pipes and hoses and
it is a clean passage.  Also the vacuum seem to suck into the carb. but I do
not have any idea how strong this sucking should be.

Should the wiper motor need oil or a lube job?  Any help on what I can do
myself to try to get it working would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim House
Hollis, NH
http://www.ccsolution.com/truck/truck.htm