[oletrucks] '57 Wiper Motor, Repaired!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '57 Wiper Motor, Repaired!
From: Steve & Sharlyn Rocha <srocha@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:04:55 -0700
Hello List,
        I decided to take the wiper motor apart since I had it out of the
truck. I
didn't want to spend the $175.00 on a new one either. So I took it apart to
see what was up with it. There was a small spring that holds two pieces in
place that the end had broken off and it fell apart inside. The first time
I put it together wrong. I didn't have a pair of snap ring pliers and I
kind of distorted the snap ring. Then everything was going well, I mean I
had figured out how it went back together properly. When my wife decided to
fix the snap ring and broke the end of it off. So I had to wait in the spa,
while she went to the parts store and got a new snap ring. I hooked it all
up and it works well. Don't be afraid to open stuff up. You have nothing to
lose and a $175.00 to gain if it works. Yippee!!

Steve Rocha
1957 Chevy 3600 454 ( I need to change these 4:57 gears)
srocha@pacbell.net
Ramona, (San Diego Co.) CA