Re: [oletrucks] Bed Wood!

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bed Wood!
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 07:37:08 -0600
I saw an old guy paint his old house with that mixture on an addition to make
it look very old. This was at the old Gold King gold mine near Jerome and
Cottonwood (we called it rottenwood)Arizona. Its a ghost town area. Now,
there's just tours of the place. It seemed to work well. I use my old oil to
heat my house. Hopefully, I will have that so it can be my primary source of
heat. By having the oil gravity fed and the tubing wrapped around the flue pipe
of my wood/coal stove as a pre heater and have the oil drip on a bed of cedar
or oak coals with a valve to regulate the volume of oil to the fire. I even
cook on the wood fired stove to save on my propane bill since propane is 94
cents a gallon. You can get the oil free from auto places! The winters here are
not that cold and seldom gets below zero, but our winters are long in the
mountains. Heating season is from September to June. I even used heat this last
July! Imagine that! It was  42º and 45º  a few nights while in Albuquerque,
just a half hour drive away, it was in the upper 50's. September is almost here
and so are the freezing temps. Oh yeah, I think it looks better if you do this
oil thing on the wood on a hot day in the sun. Can you build a trough like a
horse trough to submerse them in?