Re: [oletrucks] Witch hunt is over...

To: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Witch hunt is over...
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:34:15 -0700
I wonder if that was my old truck?  I built a 3- window in my first year of
college in machine shop.  Bore .060, decked .030, line-bored, 3-angle valve
job, titanium retainers with dual valve springs, high volume pump, Clifford
Research Cam and on and on...............  I had original Fenton headers and
an Edmonds Custom dual carburetor set-up with the circulating water passage
to help atomize the fuel.  Didn't idle very well as you said.............ran
like a bat out of hell though at least up to 60 mph !    Wouldn't Time even
close to the original timing marks in the flywheel but did excellent with a
vacuum gauge.  Man did I have some money tied up in that motor.   To make a
long story short I had it all together and got to drive it for 1 week before
transferring to a University and needed a commuter vehicle.  I couldn't just
drive anything and my brother was selling his 1950 1/2 ton Chevy with a 350,
350 and 10 bolt 1969 Chevelle posi so we traded straight across "Major loss
on my part".  I had everything chromed on that truck "I mean everything that
could unbolt was sent to the platers". I swapped what I could one weekend
before he put it up for sale and remove what chrome I could and especially
the intake and headers because my favorite Uncle had give them to me.  I
installed a stock exhaust and intake but with a re-jetted carburetor.   I
actually found the intake and exhaust manifold in the back shed two weeks
ago and the good times of building that engine all came back to me.
I'm almost done building a 1950 Willys Jeepster for my Dad and have already
found  3 AD's all complete for under 800.00 total.  One 1948, 1950 and a
1954.   One of them is going to be the proud recipient of an Edmonds intake
and Fenton header set-up.

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevrolet 3100