Re: [oletrucks] RE: [old-chevy-truck] What do I have??

To: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: [old-chevy-truck] What do I have??
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 22:08:08 -0500
This isnt totally accurate.. the old style babbit 235's that went in the
47-50 larger trucks (1 ton and up) had the valve cover with the two nuts on
top. I used to think the old style motors (216 vs 235) could be
differentiated by the side cover. One being a full cover from the bottom of
the valve cover to about the distributor (216), and the other being a short
cover (235). That isnt true either. I have a 216 (car motor) with a small
side cover. The only real way is to match the casting numbers.