Re: [oletrucks] Was it Conrad? Site and info on '40s WWII Chevy 4x4 &

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Was it Conrad? Site and info on '40s WWII Chevy 4x4 &
From: Conrad Vogel <conrad@nidlink.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 10:45:56 -0800
That would be me!  My GMC 6x6's were built in 1940, so they are ACKWX-353
trucks, not the more famous CCKW trucks.  Most of the ACKWs were sent over
to France in '40 and '41.  There is actually quite a bit of information
about the WWII CCKW trucks and nearly none on the earlyer ACKW trucks.  by
the way, the "A" stands for 1939 model and the "C" stands for 1941 model.
The older ACKW trucks were pretty much a mixture of GMC and Chevy civilian
2-1/2 ton trucks with military options.  Some links to CCKW trucks:

http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/remlr/6x6/index.htm (Duece & a half register)

http://www.logicnet.ru/~len/ab/gmccckw.htm (oldtimer GMC gallery)
http://www.olive-drab.com/index.html (Olive-drab)

--