Re: [oletrucks] NEED TRUCK 12-BOLT BACKLASH SPECS!!!!!

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] NEED TRUCK 12-BOLT BACKLASH SPECS!!!!!
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:54:41 -0400
Dustin, I believe the backlash specs for most gear sets are unique to the set
itself.  I had ordered
a new set of gears from Richmond Gear, and the backlash is stamped on the side
of the ring.  Quoting
from the Richmond instruction sheet, "since all gear sets have been
run-checked, specific settings
are supplied with each ring/pinion pair.  These specifications vary from set to
set".  The pinion
depth distance is marked on the face of the pinion gear.  You might want to
check your gears and see
if these numbers are stamped (actually vibro-etched).  Richmond's
recommendations state that
backlash should be kept within .004".

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project