[oletrucks] I had to do it

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] I had to do it
From: "Old Chevy Pickup" <oldchevypickup@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:30:32 EDT
Well, I saw an old truck on the side of the road at 11:30 sunday night. I
had been driving for 6 hours, allmost home. So what do I do, pull over to
take a look at it. My fiancee was asleep next to me and she thought we were
being pulled over by the cops. I loked over the truck, took down the phone
number and Monday morning made the call. Well, one thing led to another and
we are now proad new owners of a 1949 3100 series green pickup.  She said I
could buy this one because it "runs". Well, it is actually her truck since
she paid half.  It is unrestored bt in decent shape.  Has a 1973 327 engine
in it, 2 speed powerglide, rear end (have no idea) and the drums have been
converted to 5 lug.  The truck still has the original I-beam front end.

Well, this gave me alot of enthusiasm to finish my 55 rod project.  So
hopefully after the wedding in October and can start working on "My" project
again.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Dan

1949 3100 (hers)