Re: [oletrucks] my suburban

To: MLayton324@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] my suburban
From: EEHodges@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:00:09 EDT
Some thoughts on 2,3,5,6.

Good luck,

EEHodges@aol.com
Emory Hodges
48 Chevy 3/4 ton "Rack"

In a message dated 8/19/2000 7:07:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MLayton324@aol.com writes:

<< well i worked on my suburban some today   had a lot of fun   it had some
wax
 buildup in the cracks that i removed ,scraped some decals off windows and
did
 some scrubbing on the inside   i also did spent some time doing some
 evaluating and have a few questions that i hope someone can answer

 1)    have not gotten the title yet    was told it was a 50    it does have
 the cowl on the drivers side but it also has vent windows   my guess is
 someone replaced the doors    the vin reads     21hp-15979    can anyone
 decode?

 2)  if just my lower bar on the chrome grille is bent can i replace just the
 bar from another one?

YOU CAN REPLACE JUST ONE BAR BUT THEY ARE POSITION SPECIFIC - THAT IS YOU
MUST HAVE A LOWER BAR. EACH BAR GETS A  LITTLE SHORTER AS YOU GO UP. ALSO,
THE BOTTOM BAR HAS ATTACHMENT FOR THE RADIATOR SPLASH PAN. THE TOP HAS
ATTACHMENTS FOR THE RADIATOR FILLER/HOOD LATCH PANNEL.

 3)   hopefully i won't need to know this  but anyway   i have 6 volt still
 i was told once that you could jump it off with a 12v along as it was pretty
 quick   is this accurate   also  anybody still sell the 8v batteries to give
 them a little more cranking juice?

JUMPING WITH 12 V IS OK BUT MAKE SURE TO TURN OFF ALL LIGHTS (AND KEEP FOOT
OFF BRAKES). 12V WILL IMMEDIATELY KILL 6V BULBS BUT IS OK FOR THE STARTER
(AND EVIDENTLY COIL - ALTHOUGH I DID HAVE A COIL GO OUT AFTER EXTENSIVE 12V
CRANKING.

 4)   where is the proper place that oil line hooks up on the 216 engine?

 5)   do they sell 160 degree thermostats for 216's?
YES - TRY ADVANCE AUTO  - STANT 13356 S335 160 DEG.

 6)    finally, my control cables on the dash work but both have "c"   got
the
 "t" from chevy duty but not sure how they come off and on
 THERE'S A MOUNTING NUT ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE DASH

 thanks a million and hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!!

 Mike Layton
 Sumter SC