Re: [oletrucks] Door hinge bolts on 57

To: "Terry Bancesco" <drducttape@hotmail.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Door hinge bolts on 57
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:04:23 -0400
A Well, 2 of the bolts came out, the
>other two just spin.  Did I do something wrong, or is everything just rusted
>out behind the hinge?  What do I do now?  I cant seem to gain any access to
>the back of it.  Should I just cut the things off?

Hi Terry
There are captive nuts welded onto the back of that hinge area in the door.
Sounds as if they have broken off and are just spinning as you turn the
bolts.
You probably will have to cut them unless you can figure a way to get a
wrench in there and hold that nut.
Go to my website to this page
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/doors/door.html
I have some pictures of the door with the skin removed so that  you can see
what you are up against.

Bill Bailey
Danville, Virginia
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck