[oletrucks] Re: power brakes

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: power brakes
From: "Dennis O'Connor" <boyoconnor@netscape.net>
Date: 25 Aug 00 13:44:05 PDT
Jack,

I'm also working on a booster+dual MC for my Advance Design truck.  I have
some drawings up and details on what parts I'm using here.  These are readily
available in any junkyard, and cheap.  :)  Still not finished yet, but I
should start making the bracket this weekend:

www.thepeanutgal.com/boyo/mcboost.html

I have also considered the booster getting too hot as a potential problem.
The exhaust runs about 4" below my booster location, but I'm not sure if
that's lower than stock or not.  Who knows what is original!

Worst case you may just want to put a small heat shield between the two.
Maybe some 16 guage sheet metal bent into a 'V' to direct the heat around the
booster.  That should eliminate any problems.

Anyway, since there will be a lot of air flow under there when driving I don't
see this as a problem.  Since most boosters were made to live under the hood
anyway, they're probably OK with high temperatures.

-Boyo