Re: [oletrucks] GMC factory assembly manual??

To: Jake Heaton <jacobh@ida.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] GMC factory assembly manual??
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 00:13:22 -0400
Jake, I finally got around to looking carefully.

On my 1 ton the front cab mounts seem to be same as a pickup.

The mounts at the rear of the seat are carriage bolts that go through
the metal strip at the front of the bedwood down through a bracket off
the frame. One on each side. There is nothing left of any wood or rubber
on these.

The rear mounts are carriage bolts with washers recessed into the
bedwood. There is one on each side at every cross brace that the bedwood
attaches to. These bolts pass through the bedwood, cross brace, a wooden
block, and the top flange of the frame.

If you need the distances that the cross braces are apart I'll measure
them, but I'll have to unload it. Of course I really need to clean it
out anyway, as I fear a homeless person may be living back there somewhere:-)

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula, FL